- LEED Accredited Professional
- Corporate Director Certification ICD.D
- Ph.D., Doctoral Dissertation on Infrastructure Privatization, University of Waterloo
- M.B.A., Real Property Development, York University
- LL.M., Osgoode Hall Law School
- LL.B., University of Western Ontario
- B.E.S. (Hons.), Environmental Studies, University of Waterloo
Michael Brooks is the CEO of REALPAC and is responsible for the Associations’ strategic planning, policy formulation, government relations, national and international liaison with associations in the USA, UK, Asia and Australia via membership in the Real Estate Equity Securitization Alliance and has been the catalyst to REALPAC’s growth over the past 15 years. Michael is a former Associate Professor at Ryerson University.
Michael has led the market and regulatory transformation in Canada, with effective representation for the REIT vehicle on cross-border and domestic tax issues and capital market and regulatory issues nationally and internationally. He has been the driving force behind the development of the REALPAC sustainability platform, including its Green Lease, Green Lease Tenant Guide, Corporate Social Responsibility guidelines and industry outreach with various national and international organizations. Michael is the former Treasurer, Executive Committee and Board member of the Canada Green Building Council.