REALtalk - Managing a Global Portfolio with Nathalie Palladitcheff (Ivanhoé Cambridge)
June 11, 2020
Posted by: REALPAC
Nathalie Palladitcheff, President and Chief Executive Officer of Ivanhoé Cambridge, joins REALPAC CEO Michael Brooks to discuss cultural differences between Europe and Canada, and managing a global portfolio.
Nathalie Palladitcheff is responsible for ensuring Ivanhoé Cambridge’s growth and evolution, developing and overseeing execution of the company’s global strategy, and ensuring that it was properly aligned and positioned to invest internationally with conviction.
Their conversation covered:
- Size of real estate in North America versus Europe
- Differences in skill sets and management styles between the two geographies
- Asset allocation by country and land use category
- Risks and decision making with managing a global portfolio and how to remain agile
- Dealing with under-performing investments
- Sustainable vs fashionable trends
- Retail vs ecommerce: long term trends
- Distinguishing between fundamental long term strategy versus a reactive approach
- Diversity and its role in resiliency in commercial real estate