The market for Commercial Real Estate investment continues to evolve and integrate with broader investment and capital markets. This two-day course combines theory and industry practice to examine current topics and emerging issues in the increasingly complex world of Real Estate finance and investment.
The primary objective of the course is to introduce tools and refine concepts and techniques that will improve investment, financing and risk management decisions.The course will explore both the "micro-level” pertaining to individual properties and deals, and "macro-level” portfolio and investment management considerations. It is designed to be interactive with attendees encouraged to participate during lectures and case studies.
Eligible for Continuing Education Credits with BOMI.
- The evolution of real estate as an asset class
- Real estate capital market perspectives, trends and emerging innovations
- Structuring the financing of property investment: the "capital stack”
- Investment analysis and valuation of existing (built) properties
- Ratio and discounted cash flow techniques: cap rates and discount rates
- Commercial mortgage capital sources and mortgage underwriting
- Debt financing: impact on risk, return and valuation over the cycle
- Financial analysis of real estate development projects
- The role of real estate in modern mixed asset portfolios
- Public versus private market pricing of real estate equity
- Assessing, pricing and managing real estate investment risk
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Commercial real estate professionals with some exposure to finance, investment and/or valuation
- Professionals interested in a more in-depth treatment of the concepts and applications critical to the finance and investment function
- Professionals who specialize in more singular (yet related) functional areas (such as finance, acquisitions, accounting, development)
- Professionals who are keen to explore cutting edge analysis and be exposed to the finance & investment function’s broader context and how it integrates into the larger business
It is expected that participants will have a basic understanding of time value of money concepts and be somewhat familiar with the use of a financial calculator (and/or the finance functions in MS-Excel).
Download Manager Justification Letter
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain why and how institutions invest in real estate
- Value income property using a variety of metrics
- Appreciate the importance of "below NOI” line items in pro formas
- Underwrite a commercial mortgage loan
- Relate cap rates to discount rates, bond yields and property income growth
- Link investors’ expected equity returns to property level returns, debt costs and leverage amount
- Quantify the incremental risks associated with the use of debt financing
- Understand CMBS, CRE CDOs and mezzanine debt and their roles in the credit crisis
- Calculate the incremental cost of additional layers of debt financing
- Derive a net present value and IRR for a development project
John A. Fisher, Senior Vice President, CBRE Limited | Advisory & Transaction Services
DATE & TIME
Thursday, March 21 - Friday, March 22, 2019
9AM - 5PM
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Continental breakfast available at registration. Group lunch will be offered and refreshments will be available during morning and afternoon breaks.
Save $100 with Early Bird Pricing! (Expires January 4, 2019)
REALPAC Member Company*: $1495.00 (Early Bird = $1395.00) Non-Member Company: $1995.00 (Early Bird = $1895.00)
*To determine if your company is a REALPAC Member, click here.
REALPAC reserves the right to cancel course offerings based on low attendance numbers for 100% refund on registration fees only. Participant cancellations must be received in writing, at least five business days prior to the event for a 75% refund. Substitutions are permitted.
REALPAC ACCESSIBILITY FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY
In fulfilling our mission, REALPAC is committed to providing its goods and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are also committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our goods and services and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place and in a similar way as other customers. If you require alternative means of communication (e.g., TTY, relay services, etc.), require assistive devices, or will be accompanied by a service animal and/or support person(s), please let us know. To view the REALPAC Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities Customer Service Policy, please click here.
CONSENT TO USE OF PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGES
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, REALPAC professional development, events, meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant for REALPAC to use and distribute (both now and in the future) the registrant's or attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities.