Development is a critical component of community building. The development business is multi-disciplinary where the developer brings one or more of finance,entitlement,marketing and deal making expertise to the table along with access to capital.
This course takes participants through the feasibility analysis process from beginning to end along with exploring the role of each member of the development team including consultants and the community. The development of multiple property types are explored including mixed use incorporating case studies,lecture and discussion. In addition, the course will discuss financing and various sources of risking all aspects of the development process.
Eligible for Continuing Education Credits with BOMI
Eligible for Continuing Education Credits with CIP
• Overview of the development function, the value added by development and the development process
• The development team and their roles
• The feasibility analysis exercise including site analysis, zoning, market analysis, design, cost estimation, financial analysis and highest and best use
• The development process
• Management and key sources of risk at different phases of the development process
• Financing the development process – issues, risks and pricing
• Perspectives of the various stakeholders – developers, investors, customers, lenders, consultants, service providers, neighbours and regulators
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
• Clearer knowledge of the goals and value added by the Developer
• Familiarity with the skills and experience required of a Developer
• Greater awareness of the risks and benefits in the development process
• Knowledge of the design, marketing and sales aspects of development
• Experience in financial analysis and modeling of development projects
• Understanding of the pricing and sources capital and expectations of capital providers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Developers looking to deepen their understanding of development and are keen to interact with other industry professionals
• Professionals wishing to pursue a career in real estate development
• Owners looking to gain a better understanding of the benefits and risks of development and redevelopment
• Investors looking to invest in a real estate development or engage third party developers
• Client service professionals to the development industry looking to broaden their understanding of their clients’ needs
- (legal, accounting, banking, finance, architectural, design, engineering, contracting)
Manager Justification Letter
Dr. Avis Devine, Associate Professor, Brookfield Centre in Real Estate & Infrastructure, Schulich, York University
DATE & TIME
Wednesday, March 27 - Thursday, March 28, 2019
9AM - 5PM
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Continental breakfast available at registration. Lunch will be served. Refreshments offered during morning and afternoon breaks.
Register by Monday, December 3rd, 2018 for Early Bird Pricing ($100 Savings!)
REALPAC Member Company*: $1495.00 Non-Member Company: $1995.00
*To determine if your company is a REALPAC Member, click here.
REALPAC reserves the right to cancel course offerings based on low attendance numbers for 100% refund on registration fees only. Participant cancellations must be received in writing, at least five business days prior to the event for a 75% refund. Substitutions are permitted.
REALPAC ACCESSIBILITY FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY
In fulfilling our mission, REALPAC is committed to providing its goods and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are also committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our goods and services and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place and in a similar way as other customers. If you require alternative means of communication (e.g., TTY, relay services, etc.), require assistive devices, or will be accompanied by a service animal and/or support person(s), please let us know. To view the REALPAC Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities Customer Service Policy, please click here.
CONSENT TO USE OF PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGES
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, REALPAC professional development, events, meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant for REALPAC to use and distribute (both now and in the future) the registrant or attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities.