This course is designed to discuss the development process, the various stakeholders in the process and some risks and mitigation strategies of real estate development in the commercial and multi-residential markets. It will also provide you with some of the tools to analyze, plan and manage development activities in order to maximize the probabilities of success. We will also discuss the goals, benefits, common skills and operating models of the real estate development function; and, will explore the context of operations in which real estate development is undertaken.
- Overview of the development function, the value add of development and the development process
- Market analysis, sizing and economics
- Feasibility, investment and valuation analysis and modeling
- High level urban planning and product design & mix decisions
- Marketing planning and sales strategy
- Management and risk mitigation of different phases of the development process
- Development financing – issues, risks and pricing
- Perspectives of the various stakeholders – developers, investors, customers, lenders, consultants, service providers, neighbours and regulators
Who Should Attend:
- Developers who are looking to deepen their understanding of development and who are keen to interact with other professionals involved in real estate development
- Professionals wishing to pursue a career in real estate development
- Owners who are looking to gain a better understanding of the benefits and risks of development and redevelopment
- Investors looking to invest in a real estate development or engage third party developers
- Client service professionals to the development industry in such fields as legal, accounting, banking, finance, architectural, design, engineering and contracting looking to broaden their understanding of their clients’ needs
Date & TIme: Wednesday, June 19 - Friday, June 21
Member of REALpac: $1495 Non-Member: $1995
To determine if your company is a REALpac Member, click here.
REALpac reserves the right to cancel course offerings based on low attendance numbers for 100% refund on registration fees only.Participant cancellations must be received in writing, at least five business days prior to the event for a 75% refund. Substitutions are permitted industry.
REALpac ACCESSIBILITY FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY
In fulfilling our mission, REALpac is committed to providing its goods and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are also committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our goods and services and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place and in a similar way as other customers. If you require alternative means of communication (e.g., TTY, relay services, etc.), require assistive devices, or will be accompanied by a service animal and/or support person(s), please let us know. To view the REALpac Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities Customer Service Policy, please click here
CONSENT TO USE OF PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGES
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, REALpac professional development, events, meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant for REALpac use and distribute (both now and in the future) the registrant or attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities.